Saturday, April 9, 2011

Civil War

So Footnote.com has a few free days available.

So I searched the mysterious William Sawtell and found two documents from his disability claim.

Then I looked for other family members who might be in the Civil War (and at the same time I got a note about a person looking at my 2ns Great Grandfather Levi H. Miller.  So I updated his information and his wifes.  Then I found on the census what I think is Lucy A Bettis parents (my 3rs Great Grandfather) Jonas Bettis.  Jonas Bettis was a 9 month enlistee in the 43rd Massachusetts Regiment fighting in North Carolina.  Interesting stuff - You got to love just in time for the 150th Anniversary I found (with a reasonable degree of certainty that my 3rd Great Grandfather fought in the Civil War).    

No comments:

Post a Comment